Removed radiator niw no hot water or heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, we have an old style open vented system boiler make glow worm space saver.
As the title says I removed a radiator from the bathroom in order to re-tile , will take a couple of days, so as a temporary measure just connected the in and out feed together. Had to drain down system as the rad valves would not close.
Problems we have had since:

1. Only some radiators worked, bled all of them tried to balance etc..no good.

2. Now when turning up the room stat the boiler only fires up very briefly.

3.we have no hot water.

The pump is working absolutely fine, could the system just need flushing through and if so how do I go about this?

Sponsored Links
OK found the bleed point but heating and hot water still not working, boiler won't fire up even for a second now?

Sponsored Links
If u have bled all rads starting at bottom and working way up, bled cold feed in airing cupboard, bled pump, where else could air be trapped?

Call a heating engineer - you're going to need eyes on the job on this one

You may have some sludge dislodged and trapped in the system, to me it sounds like blockage, do you have any filters in the system? You may also have zone valve issues.

i bet the boiler overheated as the pump wasn't able to circulate system water around the system. Is there a reset button on the boiler?

I have added picture of boiler.

Attachments

• 1481991218952-617253214.jpg
    1481991218952-617253214.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 154
Can you see if the pilot flame is lit? And does the boiler thermostat knob click when turned up and down. The boiler isn't firing but is the pump still running ok.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back