Removed Thermostat- boiler no longer firing on for CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I installed the Tado wireless receiver, thermostat and internet bridge a few days back (with the help from some of the members on here!).

Everything has been working fine- I could control CH and HW both independently from the app.

Today I removed the Potterton PR2 programmer and blocked the wires. Now the boiler does not fire on when switching on the heating from the app but does for hot water.

Any help would be appreciated

Many Thanks
B

Sponsored Links
Wiring must have been via the potterton. Can you post photo of the removed pr2?

The wires that were in terminals 2 (COM) and 3 (H) should be electrically connected together to complete the circuit. The neutral in terminal 5 (if present) should be isolated and not connected to any of the other wires. Any link to terminal 4 (if present) can be discarded.

PT.jpg

If you are leaving the old thermostat cable in place. The wires should be terminated in a visible junction box to indicate the presence of live wires in the surrounding area. Ideally the complete cable to the old thermostat should be disconnected and the link made at its origin instead, but it's not always straight forward for DIY.

Hi Stem,

Which colour are the cables from (2) and (3)?

Thanks
B

Sponsored Links
Hi Stem,

Which colour are the cables from (2) and (3)?

Thanks
B
Whatever colour the installer used, wiring colours mean nothing in a heating system, in @stem pic they are red and yellow, but that doesnt mean yours will be

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
At

Attachments

• 91B008B1-8E98-4A74-8AC0-181A12801216.jpeg
    91B008B1-8E98-4A74-8AC0-181A12801216.jpeg
    298.6 KB · Views: 40
91B008B1-8E98-4A74-8AC0-181A12801216.jpeg

So for a PTR01

Link together the wires that were in terminals 1 & 2
Isolate the neutral wire that was in 4 (If fitted)

You mention removing the programmer, but I've assumed that you mean thermostat, as you must have already removed the programmer before you installed the Tado surely.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back