Removing a bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all.

Next week I have been tasked with removing a bathroom.

I have no problem removing the individual items ie Shower cubicle, toilet and sink.

Question is, perhaps somepoint in the far future, this might want to be reinstated as a bathroom.Whats the best way to cap of the toilet soil pipe, and also the waste pipes for the sink and shower.

Would i just get a bin bag, double it over and use an elastic band to stop the smells coming out? Then plywood over the whole floor, covering these waste pipes, and re-carpet?

Sponsored Links
Would i just get a bin bag, double it over and use an elastic band to stop the smells coming out?
You could but after the plastic decomposes after a few weeks/months back will be the smell. Why not use proper end caps on each?

Cheers guys, ends caps it is.

I guess i need to measure the diamet first before I order some, as i dont know that the sizes are for the loo waster, and the sink and shower waste.

Do these just slot onto the existing waste pipe?

Sponsored Links
Ok, I have taken some pics. As you can see the floor in concrete and the waste pipes somewhat wider than I had thought.

Here is some pics for you all

542518281_6Y2ss-M.jpg

542518279_DTXqW-M.jpg

Does anyone know what sizes of end caps i need to block these off???

Cheers.

the one behind the pedestal is def 110mm, the wc bowl will prob be the same size, most are, but some are only 90mm, the caps someone linked to will fit inside the fitting you have above the floor, but you wont be able to cut the pipe flush with the floor the insert the end cap as it has to go inside a fitting.

thanks kirk.

Its not a biggy if i cant get it flush, just need it sealed!!!

Cheers.

yes what you have highlighted is fine, if the wc bowl waste is 110mm you will also need to remove the white flexi connector and the wc bowl and depending what the white flexi is going into you might need an sp105 or similar to use with the plug you have highlighted, you might be lucky and find you have a socket end under the floor which your plug will go into but if it is plain pipe the sp105 will do, it is hard to tell from the photo if the white multikwik is the usual 4" (110mm) or the slightly smaller 3 1/2" (90mm) you will need to remove first then see, but if the smaller size dont cover with a bag thats ok if the wc was being temp removed for a floor repair etc, you could stuff a bag into the pipe then cut a disc of thin ply wood and seal with silicone, drill a small hole in the ply and knot a bit of string or something through it to hold it up while the silicone sets to stop it falling down the pipe and will be ideal to stop it falling down the pipe if you ever need to cut the silicne to reuse the pipe, just keep your fingers crossed that it is 110mm :LOL:

well, just measured the circumference of white part of the toilet that enters into the pipe.

This came out as 340mm, which if i divide by 3.14 gives me 110mm!!!

So all good.

Regarding your post re a sp105, why cant it just fit straight into the white flexi connector. From touching it, it seems pretty sturdy, almost as sturdy as the pipe behind the ped!!Also, the white connector thing is concreated in, so will be a pain to remove.

Cheers for your help thus far.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back