Slow cold water since removing bath and replacing sink

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently replaced the bathroom suite at my parents house and now have a problem with slow running cold water. The hot water is running fine.

The bathroom suite was removed as follows;

* removed bath and capped hot and cold pipe.
* Installed shower cubicle and waste pipe. Electric shower already in place.
* Removed sink and temporarily capped hot at cold pipes.

Following week;

* Installed new sink, with flexible hoses to taps and replaced trap and made small adjustments to waste pipe.
* Installed new toilet and connected cistern inlet to existing cold water pipe with flexible hose, which is longer than existing pipe run due to new location of inlet.

Everything else is works fine, but the cold water to the sink tap and the cistern is very slow, therefore the cistern takes a long while to fill.

Any thoughts or advise would be helpful.

Regards
Jason

Sponsored Links
if the cold supply is from a tank its probably airlocked in the pipe.

The cold is fed from the tank in the loft. How would I go about getting rid of an airlock?

you can put a hose from the garden tap up the cold tap in bathroom and use mains pressure to blow to out.

Sponsored Links
I have recently done a similar job with similar results.
The poor flow to the cistern was due to me forgetting to remove the flow limiter which was fitted inside the water inlet.
I fitted a monobloc tap with flexible hoses and have come to the conclusion that these taps and hoses restrict the flow much more than the old-style rubber washer type of tap.

most monobloc taps are cartridge taps and are designed for 0.5 bar or even 1.0 bar and above.
they won't work on a gravity system only giving 0.2 bar in a bathroom.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back