Removing a hot water tank

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning chaps, quick question

My friend wants to reclaim some flat space and remove hot water tank, replacing the system with a combi

Not sure whether current system is opened or closed (its a block of flats so not sure where the header tank it, not really looked around

Roughly...How much would it be to get the current tank removed and the combi installed
(i assume a new boiler to be about £1k)

also how hard is it to remove the tank? is it something that i could do and then someone else could install the combi afterward/or before i remove the tank (ive done a bit of plumbing e.g. new rads etc)

thanks

Sponsored Links
Roughly...How much would it be to get the current tank removed and the combi installed
It would cost one million pounds, including VAT.

also how hard is it to remove the tank?
Easy.

is it something that i could do and then someone else could install the combi afterward
Yes.

It would cost one million pounds, including VAT.

also how hard is it to remove the tank?
Easy.

is it something that i could do and then someone else could install the combi afterward
Yes.
err 1m is a stretch, perhaps you could give a better quote ?

Sponsored Links
Softus :LOL:

Just be careful apj101, the CWS tank may not be that easy to deal with. Recently changed one in a 3 story block of council flats. The header tank was a monster in the loft space above the 3rd story. Had to turn of up there (fortunately had a 28mm gate valve) then cap the feed pipe that came down into airing cupboard......same for F and E tank (22mm).

Oh i think softus is hinting at ..... how long is a peice of string......have a guess

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back