Removing a minor dent from a wooden table

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I accidentally dropped a knife onto a solid beech table top and the blunt end caused a depression about 1.5 mm deep in the surface. Any suggestions as to whether it's possible to steam out the dent or do I have to live with it ?

Sponsored Links
i remember hearing/seeing/reading somewhere that if you put a folded damp tea towel over a dent and iron it, the steam will expand the wood back to it's original shape.... of course i've never tried this as i'm quite adept at using my digits to hold on to things :LOL:

good luck

king.module is right but if the table top is protected by varnish/paint then it won't works.The moisture need to get to bare the wood for the dent to come out.

Also if you get what we called hammer mark effect when we missed hitting the nail head ! We spit on the dent of the wood straight away and that will bring the dent out but not water would you believe!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back