Removing a piece of concrete floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of replacing the suite in a ground floor toilet. Having removed the toilet (with the aid of a hammer!) I found the toilet bowl was bolted to a lump of concrete.

The new bowl, unsurprisingly, isn't the same shape as the 30-year old one that's just come out, so I'm going to have to remove the concrete "lump". If I can get enough room to swing it, would a sledge hammer be best for the job (as I don't have a jackhammer to hand!).

After the removal, I'll then have to make good with some sort of concrete flooring product?

Advice welcome!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
try a slution thats not so shattering :eek: try containing the mess and stop the risk of damaging things try at worst drilling a few wholes with a maisonary bit into the concrete then just use a club hammer its only gonna be on the main floor surface wont take much to remove!!!!!

Quite a few holes, chisel & a club hammer did the trick. Reasonable amount of dust, which I'm getting my ears caned about, but the lump is gone.

Thanks for the advice!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back