Removing a radiator with x head taps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I am tiling my bathroom and need to take my radiator off the wall. It is a chrome/steel type with x head taps at the bottom on each pipe. What is the correct way to remove this to tile the wall?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The easiest way is probably close the valves, then loosen one from the radiator side of the valve, put a plastic bin liner under the rad to catch the water,open the bleed valve at the top , and drain until empty, then disconnect other side from rad,and lift the rad clear, or alternativly you could drain the whole system, then close the valves on the rad you want, to remove, and re pressurise the system leaving the rad you want to work on empty,

thank you for that. I have another problem, there is no visible shut off valves in the whole house, neither kitchen, bathroom, or shower room. The water is normally turned of outside the house. Would it be be better to fit shut off valves in each of these areas?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back