Removing a room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, first post but a use the site a bit to pick up advice and tips. You're genrally pretty helpful but couldn't find an answer to this one so thought I'd ask myself ;)

I am changing my central heating control unit (danfoss randall 4033) and room thermostat (Honeywell T40) for a control unit with built in thermostat (Danfoss TP9000). With this in mind I need to remove the old thermostat.

The thermostat installed at present is a Honeywell T40 wired up to a 42002116 control unit. See bad pics below:

IMAGE_117.jpg

42002116a.jpg

Basically it looks to me that the wires on the bottom left are from the room thermostat (Red, yellow, blue, earth) so if I remove those from the junction box do I need to connect any others?

Thx
Chris

Sponsored Links
If they are the wires from the stat the blue can just be disconected as that is neutal ,green can be disconected as that is earth and you wouldn need to put a link in between red and yellow to complete the heating circuit as one will be the programmer calling for ch and the other will go to fire up the three way valve and boile and pump .

If they are the wires from the stat the blue can just be disconected as that is neutal ,green can be disconected as that is earth and you wouldn need to put a link in between red and yellow to complete the heating circuit as one will be the programmer calling for ch and the other will go to fire up the three way valve and boile and pump .

Thanks for the response.
I should have said before but I will be physically removing and disconnecting the thermostat so does the above still stand?

Sponsored Links
Yes , where the red is connected in the wiring center and where the yellow is connected put a link wire between these two terminals or you wont get any central heating

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back