Removing a wall light...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've got some wall lights in my front room and we wish to remove one of them so we can put a piece of furniture right up against the wall.

What is the best way to go about this? Can I just turn of the electrics, snip the wire, tape up and plaster?

Hope you can help... :?:

Sponsored Links
You need to isolate the other end of the wire before you plaster over it ! It will liklely either be in th floor below, if not at the switch that controls it, or perhaps in the ceiling above. If it is in good condition (not perished rubber or otherways damaged) then isolate it, and cover the free end with a connector block or a junction box if its not possibe to remove it altogether.
Beware, as sometimes these things are not on the lighting circuit at all, but spur off the sockets, so pulling the lights fuse may not guarantee safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back