Removing Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a scantronic 9651 alarm system in the house. I no longer want it connected. But, i would like to keep it in place, for future, incase i change my mind, and just to have it in place.

I am going to do it myself, by disconnecting from the mains (small fuse box beside the panel in attic), and removing the battery in the panel. I was just going to leave the outside alarm and not do anything to it. I understand this could ring for approx 15/20mins, Is this accurate?

If I leave it up without touching the outside alarm, but I have everything else disconnected, is the outside alarm likely to sound again>

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
I took mine out because it went off three times for no apparent reason when we first moved in. Nobody came to see why the alarms was ringing, no swat teams arrived at my premises so I thought what the hell was the point. Anyway apart from the fuse and the battery in the main control box there was a battery in a sounder just inside my front door and a battery in the box outside. Both of those boxes continued to sound until I removed the batteries from both.

What do you mean the box outside? I have the keypad downstairs where I disarm the alarm, the panel in attic along with fusebox beside it, and the outside alarm sounder.

the panel in attic along with fusebox beside it, and the outside alarm sounder.
Both of these will have batteries inside.

Wear ear defenders when you go up to the outside alarm sounder, you don't want the surprisingly loud noise that it will make when you remove the cover to cause you to fall off the ladder.

Sponsored Links
Both of these will have batteries inside.

Wear ear defenders when you go up to the outside alarm sounder, you don't want the surprisingly loud noise that it will make when you remove the cover to cause you to fall off the ladder.
I do not plan on removing the battery from the outside alarm sounder. I do not have ladders. I have read that it will only go off for 15-20mins and then stop.

That's what I was asking, would it potentially go off again? A few people seem to just do this, rather than removing battery from it.

It should stop after 15 to 20 minutes but it might start making some odd noises again when the battery gets lower. If you don't have access to ladders then you don't have much choice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back