Removing an old brick built boiler cupboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have an old brick built boiler cupboard in my kitchen that I would like to remove, is this a simple job or should I get advice from a builder, we ae on a very tight budget to redo kitchen. Also when I remove cupboard there is no celing in cupboard, am able to see right into loft, and there are some old water pipes hanging down.

Sponsored Links
Provided the brick walls are partition only, i.e. they do not support joists or any roof members, then it can be removed by a diy bod.

The ceiling isn't an issue as it would require making good with plasterboard in any case.

The pipes will have to be re-hashed by a plumber or boxed-in.

There may also be height differential betwixt the cupboard and kitchen floors. If the cupboard floor happens to be considerably higher (15mm+), then you may need to break up that section of floor and re-lay.

...Or you may be lucky and will only need to make good the channel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back