Removing and capping a radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to remove a radiator in my living room, I don't want to remove the pipe work incase I decide to put back at a later date.

The radiator has flexible pipe work with push connections, it feeds to a thermostatic valve. The boiler is a Combi.

Can I cap each end of the pipework or do they need to be connected together, how would anyone recomend this is done?

Thanks for reading

Sponsored Links
So presuming you want to hide the pipework after the rad has gone....

If its "flexible" i presume you mean plastic pipe like Hep or the white john guest stuff...

Drain down the system
Disconnect the rad and trace the pipework back (under the floor?)
Probaly find the elbow where the pipe is directed up into the room, exchange the elbow for one of the push fit stop ends.
Or
Take flexi pipe out of elbow and replace with a piece of copper with a stop end soldered on.

Refil system and check for leaks
Bleed rads

Or
If you dont mind seeing the valves in the room then just shut them off and on the trv use the special caps that keep the pin pressed in and stops it from opening or leaking (take the stat head off first)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back