CAPPING OF A RADIATOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I WANT TO remove a radiator as i dont want it in the place where it is,on removal i was going to cap both pipes that fed the radiator,is this possible or will my heating system not work anymore,thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
BUt then you'll still ahve the pipes/valves where the old rad was - is that what was being asked?

Steady on. If the rad is in a one-pipe system, i.e. in series (unlikely but possible) it will stop everything. But if it's in parallel you won't have a problem. Is it fitted with stop valves at one or both ends? If so it's probably OK.

Hi PaulAH!,
A one pipe system makes no difference, it's not like your'e implying. Instead of having a 'flow ' and a 'return pipe' (two pipe), there's just one pipe which acts as the flow and the return. Closing a radiator does not stop water circulation.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bang on, Mandate. I was referring to an unusual setup in our last house where several rads had been plumbed in series, with nowhere for the heatant* to flow if one was turned off. Terminology wrong, intention good.

Paul

*New word

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back