Removing Blanco tap handles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
There is a leak coming from both the hot and cold handles on this Blanco Eye 5300 model.

Firstly, could anyone confirm whether or not the handles just pull off? Secondly, would simply replacing the O-rings on the cartridges stop the leak? It is possible to obtain replacement cartridges from Blanco for about £45 for the pair but, other than the leak, there is no problem with them.

Any advice much appreciated. ;)

Sponsored Links
Is there an allen grub screw round the back of the tap handle?
With this out, the handles should pull off.
(Lets know where you get new inserts from - I've a similar model lurking in the future for some tlc) :p
John :)

Sorry, John, but I am not currently where the tap is located. Though I think there is a grubscrew at the rear of the tap body that is for releasing the spout with a view to O-ring replacement. I do not think that there are any for the handles.

Replacement cartridges can be obtained by contacting Blanco on 01709 819077. Ask for technical support. ;)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the contact number!
I do think there will be a grub screw somewhere - after all, someone managed to assemble them somehow.....trouble is, getting them apart without damage is a frequent issue.
John :)

It's not immediately obvious how to remove the handle cylinder on these. By trial and error I found that you need to unscrew the lever handle and in the bottom of the threaded recess you will see a 4mm allen head screw. Loosen this a couple of turns with a 4mm allen key and the complete handle will slide off to give you access to the cartridge.

Our taps were leaking and I found that holding the cartridge under running water removed whatever was obstructing the disc and the leak was sorted. Reassembly is just the reverse procedure.

HTH.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back