1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing tap cartridge help required

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Hollyhurst2015, 9 May 2020.

1. Hollyhurst2015

Hollyhurst2015

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi, I have a basin crosswater mixer tap that has started to leak at the handle. I've managed to take off the handle but need advice on how to remove the cartridge. According to manual is states ' using correct tool turn the nut to remove the cartridge' but there's not but just a blue holding ring ( picture attached). A friend told me to use long noise pliers but they dont seem to fit. Do I need a special type of pliers? Also this tap is now dicontinted by crosswater and doing a search for a replacement cartridge I was unable to find one , the model is Crosswater WD110DNC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 20200505_101641.jpg

2. Alec_t

Alec_t

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You might be lucky and find a deep socket spanner to fit the square section.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Maybe use a flat bladed screwdriver to apply pressure and turn?

5. BoilerBob

BoilerBob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    It’s not the square you turn it’s the blue ring I think if I remember right did on years ago I put a flat bladed screwdriver in a slot and turned it that way. Bob

6. Sponsored Links
  7. BoilerBob

BoilerBob

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it’s been discontinued save the heartache and replace the tap lot easier. Bob

• Like Like x 1
  8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local