Replacing tap cartridge help required

29 Aug 2015
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a basin crosswater mixer tap that has started to leak at the handle. I've managed to take off the handle but need advice on how to remove the cartridge. According to manual is states ' using correct tool turn the nut to remove the cartridge' but there's not but just a blue holding ring ( picture attached). A friend told me to use long noise pliers but they dont seem to fit. Do I need a special type of pliers? Also this tap is now dicontinted by crosswater and doing a search for a replacement cartridge I was unable to find one , the model is Crosswater WD110DNC. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
You might be lucky and find a deep socket spanner to fit the square section.
Maybe use a flat bladed screwdriver to apply pressure and turn?
It’s not the square you turn it’s the blue ring I think if I remember right did on years ago I put a flat bladed screwdriver in a slot and turned it that way. Bob
Sponsored Links
If it’s been discontinued save the heartache and replace the tap lot easier. Bob

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local