Removing brick column

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
IMG_1112.JPG
Hello, I think I know the answer to this question but my wife has asked me to get confirmation if possible. There has been a single story extension built along the back of the house (before we moved in), accommodating an extension to the kitchen and a separate dining room. Where the cut through for the kitchen is they have left a small column about 3 foot high. We are assuming this was left to simply accommodate the width of the kitchen units and serves no structural purpose whatsoever. We are about to have a new kitchen put in and we are not having full width units there so would like to remove the column to free up more space. There is no problem in me removing this is there. (I have tried to attach a photo but not sure it has worked)

Sponsored Links
Should be fine to remove it - but carefully take the top bricks off first, and see if there's anything - pipes, cables or cavity inside the stub.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back