removing bricks for airbricks ain't easy

For cutting out individual bricks I use one of these on an angle grinder to remove all the mortar around the brick and then it just drops out.
Just don't force it and let the tool do the work, letting it cool down every few minutes, or you'll snap it and it gets expensive to keep replacing it.

ae235

https://www.screwfix.com/p/mortar-rake-8-x-100mm/71778
That tool will last about 18 seconds low down in that awkward angle situation. That sort of tool is fine at waist level on a nice sunny day.

Sponsored Links
I got mine from Screwfix 3 years ago, and appart from a small bald patch, it's still going stong. I didn't realise that they calculate the size from the shoulder, and not from the shank, so got the smaller one, so yes, the longer one may not last as long. Having got down as far as I can, I then run an old chisel around the brick to break through the last bit.

Sponsored Links
I got mine from Screwfix 3 years ago, and appart from a small bald patch, it's still going stong
It's no so much the wear on it but messing about in a hole that low down will mean the tool will be under a lot of bending stress about 90% of the time. It will snap in minutes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back