Removing cold water tank in loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,
I want to remove the water tank in the loft and connect bathroom to main cold water supply.

I have a good cold pressure downstairs while at the moment cold pressure from the cold tank is very poor in the bathroom.

The tanks is a 70 gallon tank and i am currently running the level down having turned off supply to it.

Are their any problems i may run into?

Many thanks
Newps

Sponsored Links
a potential problem could be from the increased pressure, you will need to change the oriface in the ballcock of the cistern to HP (high pressure) if the cold supply is from stored water and is watertight, i have seen them leaking when converted to higher pressure (usually under the bath or behind boxing in :cry: ) also do you have a low pressure shower, it could suffer the same fate.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks for replies, hot water comes from a two year old "Main" combe boiler located in Kitchen downstairs.

The bathroom is about 1 year old, new taps and toilet etc, could i just reduce the in line service taps on the toilet to reduce flow and hence pressure. Maybe that would not reduce pressure just flow? :confused:

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back