Removing cold water tank.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys...

I am planning to make use of my loft space for storage and occasional "living" area. I will tidy it up, lay floorboards, paint the walls etc...

In the loft there is a cold water tank which supplies water solely for flushing the toilet. The bath and sink runs directly from the mains. The tank it at the centre of the loft with awkward pipe arrangments. To make more room in the loft, I want to remove the entire tank and connect the toilet ball directly to the mains with a valve of some sort to lower the water pressure.

I want to know if what I want to do is permitted, as everyone seems to have a cold water tank in their loft for the loo. I want to call a plumber to do this as I am not confident in undertaking this task, how much am I expected to pay for a job like this?

Sponsored Links
Scartbix,

Yes you can do this. Why do you need to reduce the pressure on the mains side to toilet?. Just get plumber to reroute cold feed to a new high pressure silent fill torbek float valve in loo.....no need to reduce pressure unless it is very high.....3.5 bar or above say. Depends on accesibility of piping but expect say 100-150 including parts and VAT

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back