Removing concrete pond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having problems in trying to remove a concrete pond that was built by the previous owners.

I have drained the pond using a water pump and drilled a number of holes at the bottom of the pond using a jack hammer. I thought this would have meant any remaining water would quickly drain away, instead the remaining water is still there. In some instances I have drilled at least 7 to 8 inches below the concrete and the water just ends up filling the hole I created.

Is this expected? I have little knowledge of landscaping so was hoping for some advice.

I want to completely get rid of the pond and blend it in with the rest of the lawn but am worried this area will get waterlogged without adequate drainage.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Don't forget you may of reached the water table depending how deep the pond is. Best thing to do is kango up the pond base and push the sides in then fill with hardcore then topsoil.

What are the dimensions of the pond?

Andy

Sponsored Links
As said, break up the floor and then break up the sides and push them in. Fill the hole with more rubble leaving about 200mm from the top then use top soil. You can buy a bulk bag and then fill it in. Don't forget you will get a lot of sinkage but keep topping the soil up.

I have just dug a 2m deep pond as I want a Kio pond, I have removed 18tons of soil.

Happy days

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back