Removing concrete roof tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone got advice on the best way to remov or cut a hole in a concrete roof tile on a pitched roof. I need to remove / make a hole in the tile to install a 4in vent pipe. I already have the flashing which has a rubber sealing cone. Just nit sure how to remove the tile. Would aprreciate any advice :confused:

Sponsored Links
Just lift bottom edge and pull out.make hole with angle grinder and diamond blade...criss cross cuts and nibble away...careful not to crack tile.

What you need is two wooden wedges that you insert under the tiles just above and to the side of it to lift the other tiles (which are locking it in) by a couple of inches. Concrete roof tiles have lugs that hook over the battens like finger tips.

I'd cut the tile with a core cutter if you have one. If not, I'd draw a circle and drill a ring of holes, then pop out the middle.

joe

Thanks for the advice. Haven't done the job yet but am much clearer about wjhat I'v got to do. Will certainly post again, when I've got a result

Sponsored Links
Get a replacement tile or two .. beforehand.
:D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back