REMOVING DOOR PANEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
WISH TO REMOVE A WOODEN PANEL IN a 1920s INTERNAL DOOR, AND REPLACE WITH GLASS TO PROVIDE MORE LIGHT INTO A DARK HALL. HOW DO I REMOVE THE PANEL PLEASE.THE PANEL PINS SURROUNDING PANEL LOOK VERY SML. WITH LITTLE TO GRIP. I AM A D.I.Y BEGINNER. ANY HELP APPRECIATED

please do not SHOUT see forum rule 6

Sponsored Links
heeellloooo malter and welome :D:D:D:D:

if its a unmodified door the panels will be fully captive and wont have beading as in the panels are fixed within the door structure and what looks like beading is actualy a molded edge on the rails and styles

if you do require to remove a molded panel easiest is a router and strait edge

select your replacement moulding router out 1mm deeper than required[into panel] and along an edge so the replacement moulding will line up through the glass with the origional line clean out corners with a chisel

another point to add is router out the molding on the side that you least look at or least obvious for normal use

bobs your uncle :LOL:

I think someones been watching the abc1 channel today :D

For safety reasons, the glass panel in the door should also be toughened glass.

Sponsored Links
Maxxy said:
I think someones been watching the abc1 channel today :D

not quite i only get freeveiw ;)

did they deal with that subject yesterday then!!!!!!

well for a bench joiner you would expect me to get it right :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

how many points out off 10 would you give me for my method descripton then ----------7 out of 10!!!!! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back