Removing efforescence stains from wall

it will weather away in time.

you can dry-brush it if you want.

don't try to wet-clean it.

Sponsored Links
it will weather away in time.

you can dry-brush it if you want.

don't try to wet-clean it.

Thanks John, I just wanted to double check, it’s really not worth using the acid? If not, I’ll get rid of it at the tip because I only bought it for the wall.

42D2CCE3-E200-4B08-A022-25E0F5D5BEBE.png

i live in a hard water area and we get a lot of lime bloom on new walls, worst in the first dry spring when it is drying out, and worse if the wall has got very wet during build. Then it weathers away.

sometimes there is a bit more in the second spring, once the wet weather is mostly over.

IME brick acid is not needed, but opinions may vary.

the acid is needed for cement mortar splashes and smears, which are more durable than lime bloom.

Sponsored Links
I'm naughty and lazy. I left the top of my extension cavity open to the elements over the winter and have terrible effervescence. As a trial I had a very quick go with the brick acid, I think you can see that it does work:

IMG_20210610_112955663.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back