Removing/fixing modena ceramic disc mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a ceramic disc mixer tap (it's a modena bath filler: 2 taps which are quarter turn type) on our bath, and the hot tap is dripping. We're in a hard water area so I'd like to take out the ceramic cartridgey bit and clean it but I can't figure out how to get it off!
There's a little metal "bobble" just below the lever part, still on the turning part of the tap, and i thought that might push in, but it doesn't. Neither does it seem keen to be removed, revealing a screw. I don't want to try too much harder without knowing how it's supposed to work! Any ideas anyone?
Thanks a lot
Laura

Sponsored Links
Andy,
Was there a solution found for Tedels earlier post on this topic?
I have a similar problems except it's a loose lever, which I want to tighten.
There seems to be no obvious way of getting the lever off the tap body.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Better late than never but I've just managed to remove one of these. They will just prise off - the trick is to get something sharp enough and pointy enough to get under the edge. i used a pointed scalpel blade. It seemed to be easier to get the point under the edge at the bottom of the "bobble".

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back