removing floor tile adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi just removed floor tiles but the tile adhesive is 95% still there could anyone suggest an easy way of removing the adhesive as i need put leveling compound on it but the adhesive is making to high to match in with the new extension floor

Sponsored Links
brining up an old post with a question, not sure if this is ok or not?

I have the same problem, im tryin to make the floor the same level as the rest of the flat but the adeshive is taking AGES to remove.
its a concrete floor, i removed the tiles but now im ledft with tile adeshive
this is the bit that i have in my sds drill :

IMG00225-20100529-1625.jpg

IMG00224-20100529-1625.jpg

is there another bit on the market that will make the job a bit quicker?

would a wider spade help with reducing the amount of concrete floor im lifting up when digging the chisel in?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
thanks mate, i appreciate yor post but it was what i was dreading, i have put that job off for long enough now and it is time that i got back to it, elbow grease in hand!! :)

funny you should say that , yesterday i tried to use a scraper to get the adhesive off and some of the thin stuff came off really easy but i still need a bit of welly for the thicker bits, i'll give the bolster a go tomorrow to see if it helps at all. im gonna have hands like buckets if i use that sds with the hammer action on that floor for much longer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back