Removing hinged windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an upstairs window directly above our conservatory and therefore not accessible by a ladder.

The window frame and openings badly need painting. When I last had it painted the chap who did it removed the opening parts of the window so that he could paint them and access the rest of the fixed frame.

I wanted to paint the house myself this time. Will it be easy for me (an unskilled and not very confident DIY-er) to remove and reinstall the window openings? Or, are there hidden pitfalls to hanging window openings?

The windows are hinged on the vertical and are double-glazed units.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Simple job, it is as easy as it sounds, the only thing you MAY struggle with is the weight, not so much a problem taking the out its holding them, trying to line the screw holes up, starting the screw and finally screwing them in, 5 pairs of hands job, can be done though just fiddly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back