removing internal door frames?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a 1960's bungalow. I am intending to remove a door frame but it is attached to the wall with metal pins. Is it possible that the door frame is supporting the brick wall above it?

Sponsored Links
probably.
for what use it is my brick shed is built in this way (door frame supporting bricks above it)

are you replacing the frame or doing something else and what do you mean by metal pins?

I am removing the door not replacing it. It is now the entrance to a new hallway. Attached to the door frame are small metal plates with spikes that feed into the brickwork.

Sponsored Links
I recently replaced a door liner in my 1960's bungalow and it was held in place with 6in clasp nails.

When you removed the frame was it supporting the brickwork above it? I will not be replacing the frame.

If im getting this right your taking the door and frame out entirley to leave a blank opening. have you looked above the frame to see whats there? Chip off a bit of plaster on one side to see waht construction it is and see if there is a lintel or wall plate above it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back