removing jammed lock (Metal security door)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there I have a metal security door. The lock has gone faulty but I think I won’t be able to replace it because the lock has been attached to the door via the burning process. Have attached a picture of the security door I am talking about.

The inside lock bit has gone bent which means that I can’t sometimes take the lock out to lock the door. Have added WD40 and hasn’t helped.

Attachments

• E61C9846-EF23-4B75-B63B-390BBA3A36E5.png
    E61C9846-EF23-4B75-B63B-390BBA3A36E5.png
    874.1 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
You probably need to find someone local that can help.
The lock may screw in via the edge, and be removable, if it is, then drilling the key area might be an option.

worst case, an angle grinder may help remove the entire lock box and then a new one could be welded in place.
the cost could be more than a new replacement.

Sponsored Links
The lock has gone faulty

The inside lock bit has gone bent

What do these two statements mean?

If you cut through the bolt of the lock with an angle grinder (presumably from the inner side which I can't see) you can open the gate. If you can already open the gate, no need go do that.

And then you can unscrew, or drill out, the retaining screws or welds.

There is no need to remove the protective steel box to change or repair the lock. You just have to open the gate. And, since it is a lever lock, no point in drilling the keyhole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back