Removing kitchen floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These are really grotty - badly scratched, scuffed, stained etc.

If I wanted to fit all new ones, how the @!*!!?? do I remove the old ones?

Or is there any wonderful treatment that will make the old ones look better?

They feel very rough to the touch - but it just occurred to me that this might be to stop people slipping on them... doubt that though, reckon they're just in bad nick.

Cheers :D

IMAG1400.jpg

Sponsored Links
Whack one with a club hammer, then you can use a bolster to get the others up. Alternatively, if you have an SDS drill with a spade attachment, that will do it quite easily. Depending on what's underneath, it may require a thin layer of self levelling compound afterwards, but we can discuss that after you've got the times up.

Gotcha. I guess what I was worried about was how well they'd be stuck down... like with No More Nails or something.

The only thing I know is that it's a concrete floor underneath, about 1994 - with warm areas where heating pipes go, that my cat likes ot sit on :eek:

Now that I know what's involved, I'll add it to me list and be in touch again when the time comes - thanks :mrgreen:

If you're feeling brave, I'd be inclined to go for broke, and see if you can get at the pipes, and insulate them whilst the tiles are up.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back