Removing kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I've got a kitchen to remove and looking for some advice on the best way to deal with the worktops.

Its a large L shape kitchen with quartz worktops, I haven't seen the kitchen yet but I'm expecting there to be several joins, what's the best way to split the joins between each piece and also to remove the quartz from the cabinets?

I've the same question for removing the upstand from the walls causing the least amount of damage to both the walls and upstand.

Thanks
Chris

Sponsored Links
Exactly my thoughts!

Upstand - use pry bars but expect to have to do some plasterwork repair

Sledgehammer isn't really an option, I'd like to salvage the quartz if at all possible, I'm expecting the upstand to cause some damage but the room it's in is being subject to building work which is why the kitchens coming out so shouldn't be an issue

Sponsored Links
The problem you'll have is that if the quartz has been properly installed it will be siliconed onto the tops of the cabinets with coloured epoxy resin in the joints. That makes it extremely difficult to get out without smashing it

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking closely at pictures of the kitchen the only join appears to be in the corner of the L so hopefully if I can get it seperated from the units I can use the ends of the lengths to lever it apart, I'll find out on Sunday

One join in the corner as expected and howdens hadn't bothered gluing it or siliconing it to the worktops.

Seriously heavy worktops though took some wrestling into the van.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back