removing laminate flooring/ glued to kitchen island

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Help!! I am attempting to remove old laminate flooring from my kitchen, the planks are tongue and grove and not such a trouble to remove...problem is, some planks have been glued to my kitchen island and I can't get the planks off, don't want to hurt the island...any ideas would be hugely appreciated!!!

Sponsored Links
I think the island is in fact on top of the laminate??? oh no! what can I do to get rid of the laminate and not destroy the island???thx

sorry bad grammer should be are you shure the island isnt standing on top off the floor!!!;)

is there any services or fixings going from the island through the laminate into the floor !!!

if there is your choices are
disconnect services support manover the floor out keeping in mind the fixed pipes will be around 9 to 18mm too long on reconection dependant on floor /underlay thickness

cut the laminate at the island base and use a moulding [possibly with a slot/rebate ]to cover the exposed edges and the gap

Sponsored Links
Thanks! there are no services, pipes etc. running thru the island, just that bloody floor:) what kind of saw would work? what would I ask for at the store? thx

what size is the island and what worktop is used [would it move easily]!!!

what flooring is underneath!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back