removing laminate flooring that's been glued together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I want to remove a laminate floor where all the planks are glued together (although thankfully not glued to the floor ). Is the best way to cut them up using a circular saw to the depth of the plank, being careful to avoid the original flooring underneath?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sorry, was that a moronic question that warrants no response or a challenging question to which no one knows the answer?! :oops:

Are you wanting to lift the floor so that it can be relaid or are you just gonna chuck it in the skip?

Sponsored Links
i would start at an edge of the floor,say a doorway or similar.Knock a couple of timber wedges under the flooring to lift it enough to cut along the length of the board with a circular saw with the depth set at just below thickness of flooring.Cut along both edges and pull up flooring as you are going.Do this along the full length of the floor until you have a full section of flooring removed(strip),removal of the remainder of flooring should now be a lot easier by just levering the boards until they snap off of the adjacent boards.....just make sure you wear some gloves to protect your hands ;)

Thanks Jaffa - I'm looking forward to the snap of the plank and the red raw hands!!

It sounds worse than it will be :eek: Ive used this method many times with great success(can't really go wrong).If you find that its not coming up as easy as you thought it would by snapping the planks then just persevere with the cutting method i described.......you'll have fun :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back