Removing Metal Door frames

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just got married and brought a house with my wife and have managed to end up with a bit more work than expected. The whole house has internal metal doorframes (amongst the million other things wrong with it) and want to replace them before we start decorating walls. I have read many thing about how to remove them but want to ensure that what i am looking at is an old lintel so that I can just start replacing with wood (when i get them cut out ) I have uploaded a picture of the top of my toilet door which conveniently isn't plastered. I know I will have to remove plaster on the rest of the doors to check but was hoping this was a good sign.

Thanks if you can help just spare funds that was going to pay for that are going to be used for new gas boiler and heating and a complete rewire

Nick

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back