Internal Door frames - painful and need help

Fitting a lining is quite easy, but hard and time consuming to describe in text. Try googling or youtube for the basics and then ask your questions

It is very important to make the lining up square (you need to fit a temporary timber to the bottoms of the jambs to keep the frame square), and you need to fit the lining with each jamb in the same vertical plane - otherwise the door wont hang or close properly

Sponsored Links
well the first step is getting the lintel in, which we purchased last night, thankfully it is not a supporting wall.

We will measure the side linings and cut the angles, just need to figure out the best place to put the screws as we will countersink them and fill afterwards prior to painting. I think what we will do in order to ensure that it is absolutely straight will be to measure and brace then insert and secure into the door hole as one hole peice.

think after that we may need to take some advice with regards to fitting the door and hinges, because when the lining is in we will get the plasterer to make good the walls prior to the door being measured for fitting.

I hope this is the right approach as we will be sooo pleased once the lining is in and have a door that closes!

Hi,

There is another option by using german door sets where the frames are fitted with expanding foam, also your doors can be custom made. if you are still looking, let me know I can give you their website.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back