Removing paint from brickwork

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All.

I would like to know the most effective and cost effective solution for removing paint from extenal brickwork.

From my google research, Peel Away 7 seems to be the solution. I just wonder if anyone had other more cost effective and stress free solutions.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
take it you mean the whole wall has been painted rather than splashes of paint. peel away is worth a go but depending on what's on there has varied efficacy. try a small area first. Peeling may also damage the bricks faces, damaged bricks might have been the reasoning behind painting it in the first place

You make very valid points.
The bricks were painted from about say 1m from DPC level and then after 1m you have render. The paint flake's off currently. I do intend to paint it again but don't want to apply paint to an existing flaky paintwork. This is the reason why I want to remove it and then repaint.

Sponsored Links
fair enough that would probably work or maybe jet wash it off if it's flaky

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back