removing plaster - best tool for the job?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm planning to use an SDS drill to remove a load of plaster (hall and stairs). I'll need to buy some kind of bit. What's the best to use? I've seen flat chisels, spade chisels and this chap even uses a tile lifter. Or maybe it doesn't really matter?
Thanks,
wrathkeg

Sponsored Links
Anything with a wide chisel end will do the, but it'll depend on how powerful your sds drill is, as to how wide a chisel it can handle.

I'm planning to use an SDS drill to remove a load of plaster (hall and stairs). I'll need to buy some kind of bit. What's the best to use? I've seen flat chisels, spade chisels and this chap even uses a tile lifter. Or maybe it doesn't really matter?

If the plaster is not well stuck on, a lump hammer and narrow chisel can prise behind and work across. You can lever off quite big chunks relatively easily.
SDS will work well of course if well stuck, but can be fierce and damage bricks too, so one to watch.

Grand. I'll try hand tools first and then move on to SDS+chisel if necessary. It's not all that well stuck on - which is why I am taking it all off!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back