Removing platform that held water tanks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everybody!

I have a relatively new house (early 2000's) and it has a trussed roof. The boiler was broken when I moved in and my heating engineer mate fitted me a combi boiler, which I'm very happy with.

As a consequence the hot water tank in the airing cupboard was removed and so were the tanks in the roof. They were supported on this quite large platform which is signed with "light storage only" or something similar. Since the tanks are gone the platform is taking up a lot of space and I want to remove it.

So my question is, is it safe to do so in terms of the structure of the roof? I obviously won't be removing any trusses, just this platform which is made out of three quite large pieces of timber that are attached to a few of the trusses.

Sponsored Links
As you have said not the trusses. But yes you can remove the platform as this typically dose not make up part of the roof structure. Just be careful not to get to ruff with the trusses as you get it to come apart. Fred.

Thank you for the reply Fred :) Yep I get those trusses, even thin as they look, are very important. I'll take great care when removing the platform.

Thanks again, Nick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back