Removing pushfit... how?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Slightly embarassing problem... :oops:

When plumbing my new kitchen, I used pushfit joints as there weren't many and it was easy.

However, now I have come to plumb in the sink, I've found the flexible tap tails are an inch too short so I need to remove the "legs" I had already installed in the pushfit isolation valves (metal ones, cuprofit-type)

I have the right tool, but I just can't seem to make these pipes shift! I've even tried gripping the pipes with a pipe wrench, but no use. I've found them stiff in the past, but these just won't budge!

Is there a knack to it? I'm loathe to spray WD40 in as I suspect it might perish the o-rings.

EDIT:

No worries, I just tried again but this time using needle-nosed pliers to grip the pipe longitudinally (as they were open at one end) and they came out easily. PHEW!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back