Removing radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There....
Could someone tell me if its ok to permanently remove a radiator, capping the pipes with stop ends, as the radiator is on a combi boiler system??
many thanks.

Sponsored Links
yes try to cut the pipes back as far as you can go to the flow/return then cap if your never going to put a rad back on.

I'm sorry iof Im going to sound dumb here....Whn you say feed supply, you mean the pipes going into radiator?? Would it be ok to cap them just above the floor as it's blimmin tiled!!
thanks again:))

Sponsored Links
I was just about to start a similar thread when i came across this one.

I,m in a similar situation, however i have been under the floor and can easily access the flow and return.

I was going to ask should the pipes be.
A) Individually capped.
B) Plumbed together.

I,m guessing (A) is the correct method but could someone explain the basic theory behind "Not plumbing them together"

Also i was thinking about using some of that "instant feezing" stuff to freeze the pipes before cutting and capping. Is this advisable, are their any pitfalls i should be aware of before employing this method?

Oh yeh one more thing, what will be the general effect on my system as a whole once i have removed 2 radiators from it??

As always thanks in advance for the excellent advice received on this forum.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back