Removing Sleepers advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I've posted previously about this so a year later I am getting round to this.

I'm removing these sleepers as rotten (thought I could lift them out er'hem). The concrete surround is falling to bits also. I'm frightened I'm doing more destruction than construction as there's sand and bricks also.

Can I just remove the sleepers and concrete and grass up to the edge or does that concrete serve a purpose?

Thanks

Matthew

GALLERY]

GALLERY]

Sponsored Links
The shed appears to be sat on flags which are laid on a raised base. The edge of this base was held in by your sleepers. By removing the sleepers and concrete the base under the flags may start to leak/ crumble out onto the lawn and gradually let the shed drop as the flags are undermined.

This is assumption based on the pictures.

You may need to provide some sort of edging to this shed plinth.

You may not though dpending on how its constructed.

Thanks for your comment, i was kind of thinking the same. So that concrete surround between the sleeper and base is acting as a barrier? I guess else the damp would seep into the sleeper quicker. I think i have opened a can of worms here :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back