removing stain from sisal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

My cat was just sick on my stair carpet (yeuch!). I blotted as much of it up as I could but there is still a stain. What should I do? I understand that getting it wet is a no no. I heard that putting baking powder on it and hoovering it up several times can work

Any other ideas?

many thanks

SB

Sponsored Links
We used to make up a strong, hot solution of biological washing powder and use that with a dampened cloth when our cats brought up hairballs or mivce and such (we had two hunters....). The area shouldn't be flooded and needs to be carefully dried afterwards (white kitchen roll). Spray with Dettox when dried to disinfect the area and kill any pathogens which may be left. Also works with cat urine/spraying although may need multiple applications. Another good reason not to have white or cream carpets if you have pets!

Sisal is almost impossible to clean with spillages, cat sick will be acidic and is even more difficult to clean on a regular carpet let alone Sisal.

Your best option would be to replace that step if you have some waste left over? otherwise I don't think you have a hope of getting the mark out.

We always try to inform our customers as to the risks of Sisal/Seagrass re: cleaning and pets etc

...and also how silly it is to put on stairs!!!

tis a terrible slip hazzard, when I first got in this game manufacturers were horrified at the thought!

but since those stupid designers started on TV common sense went out the window :eek:

Sponsored Links
...and also how silly it is to put on stairs!!!

tis a terrible slip hazzard, when I first got in this game manufacturers were horrified at the thought!

but since those stupid designers started on TV common sense went out the window :eek:

Dont believe every thing you hear !

When it first came into the u.k it came in as a stair 'runner' product.

We had to develop a method for a full fit on stairs. (hence the maestri-kear was born. ) We already had room areas developed as it came in while we was developing the durafit system all those years ago.(back before takifier adhesive was developed for durafit )

Also, slip Resistance on stairs is actually improved unless wearing flat soled shoes / slippers .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back