Removing supporting wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are in the process of replacing our kitchen and would like a wall taking out thst separates our dining room and kitchen. The house is timber frame with brick outside. The kitchen is an original single storey extension with loft space.
I have attached a couple of pics of the dining room side showing the timbers. The other side is breeze block until it exits the kitchen roof where it becomes brick

I am a competent diyer but never done anything structural so this all new.
I'm guessing I need building control involved and will obviously get a builder too. Was also thinking I'd need a structural engineer to do calculations but not sure whst order any of this should be done in.

Do I employ an engineer and then a builder or do bc need to be involved early too

20190425_215849.jpg 20190425_215839.jpg

Sponsored Links
1. SE first to prepare a scheme with details for any beam(s) and supports.

2. Builder(s) price off what the SE has specified needs doing.

3. Building Regs application made a few days before you start. They will have the SEs figures checked, and then inspect that the
work on site meets the spec. the SE has done. You are responsible for arranging Building Control and paying their fee (occasionally
some builders include for this so check first). On satisfactory completion, b/c will give you the Certificate.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back