Removing tiles from wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
I am about to remove the tiles from my bathroom. 2 walls are plaster board. 2 are solid walls. I have a small kango to get them off. Is this the best way to go about it or is there a better way. A bit worried with the plaster board wall. Would appriecate any advice.

Thanks again

Sponsored Links
I have a small kango to get them off.
You can froget the Kango for the plasterboard - you'd be as well ripping the plasterboard off and fitting new. The Kango should be ok on the solid walls, but be prepared to patch in where the plaster drops off.

The tiles on the solid wall will probably come off ok, but take it easy with the kango just in case. I wouldn't use it on a plasterboard wall though. I would see how they come off, tapping them with a hammer and small "thin" bolster. If the p/board starts to break up, then you're better to rip out the whole sheet/s, and re-plasterboard the wall. Much quicker and easier in the long run.

Roughcaster.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back