Removing UPVc beading

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,

Can someone please let me know how to remove the internal beading strips on Upvc glazing, so that I can fit new panels (the old ones are steamy). I have windows with different types of beading, one window has flat beading, and the other one has square section beading. Is a special tool required?.

Many Thanks in anticipation

Paul

Sponsored Links
how do we know you are not trying to break into some where , i am not saying you are, i am saying you could.

i there for suggest you ask where you got the replacement glass from

breezer said:
how do we know you are not trying to break into some where , i am not saying you are, i am saying you could.
Good point Breezer, these type of window you can't as you have to remove the beading from the inside first !

Remove the rubber seal inside the room all round the frame very carefully with a blunt screwdriver then go outside and push the glass unit back slightly then undo the upvc beading for the glass to come out.

Sponsored Links
Many thanks, Yes the beading is internal and I need to release the panels so I can measure for new ones.

Thanks

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back