removing walls from outhouse

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi im new to the forum so hi all. my wife and i have bought our first house recently and have some plans for it. my first project is converting the outhouse area into a utility.
the outhouse is single brick construction 10ft x 9ft with a solid concrete roof it has 2 internal walls that i want to remove do you think i would need rsj's

thnaks
rich

Sponsored Links
I don't suppose you can identify whether the internal walls were built after the roof was cast?

A lot of people will be familiar with this kind of building but not necessarily how it was constructed. My guess is that it is the outside walls doing the work here but don't take my word for it.

There will be a lot of thermal design work here, i.e. floor walls and roof will all require an upgrade. Attention will need to be paid to electrics, heating and drainage as well as ventilation. Have you thought about getting a designer in? Building control are likely to be interested too.

thats what i was thinking that the outside walls were doing the supporting but can only help to get further opinions. my next mission is to find out what is needed to insulate everything and prevent any damp.

there is already electric and water out there and a radiator so shouldnt need to much in the way of that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back