Removing wood stains from printed concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently installed printed concrete patio. I’ve been staining some wood outside (used barrettine wood protective treatment). I didn’t notice some of the stain had splodged on to the ground. It’s now dried and pressure washing does nothing.

The concrete has been sealed. The stain is oil/spirit based. Is there anything I can use that won’t damage the sealant?

Sponsored Links
Petrol or similar may help as it will not damage acrylic sealer ( assuming that is what has been used ). Try a small area first.

It will be very difficult to get the stain out of absorbent concrete. You will probably have to reseal that patch afterwards.

I have in the past found that spirit-based wood dyes and coloured preservers can be removed by brushing with white spirit, as it is a solvent. This was on wood when I was cleaning during treatment. So you could try softening and scrubbing. Concrete is much more absorbent. If it was just lying on the surface like paint you could use a wire brush. The surface of the concrete will be eroded.

Otherwise, the stain will be permanent.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back