renault clio 05 plate dropping idle revs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a Renault clio 05 plate 1.2. It seems to tick over fine when first starting and cold however when it gets warmer the revs drop and it almost cuts out. The throttle also seems to be unresponsive and it struggles to pick up. I've had it plugged in at garage but showing no faults. Any ideas thanks

Sponsored Links
It could be an idle control valve fault but also a worn throttle body could this.....these engines do have a low tickover speed at the best of times!
It's unlikely for a fault code to be logged which is also a bore.
John :)

Thanks for the reply. It seems to tick over fine at about 1000rpm for a while when cold then drops to less than 500 when warm. Are they both expensive jobs

Sponsored Links
When the engine is cold, the tickover is held high and the idle control valve plays no part - it's only when it warms up that the throttle body is closed but the ICV opens and forms a sort of fuel bypass.
This part is held in by a couple of screws but I can't say it's faulty for sure - I just don't know. I would however check for any small rubber air pipes in the throttle body area for disconnection or splitting.
Try checking out a Clio forum or whatever before splashing the cash?
John :)

Back