Renault Lagune II starting problems when hot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 52 plate petrol Renault Laguna 2 1.8 auto sport tourer with 65k on the clock over the last fews months I have had real problems starting the car when the engine has reached its correct operating tempreture. The fault is intermittant. I can run around all day in it with no problems and them leave it for 5 minutes and the thing wont start. The engine turns over fine but never fires. To get around the fault I lift the bonnet and let the engine cool. No warning lights come on the dash and the water temp gauge shows normal. People have suggested a fuel issue and I intend to replace the fuel filter first, if I could find it. Having looked in my Haynes manual it doesnt state where it is, so if anybody knows please let me know. Plan B is to replace the fuel pump and sender unit located in the fuel tank. I would be grateful to hear from anyone who have suffered from this and would love to know where the fuel filter is located. I don't fancy paying £69 to have a £6 filter changed. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
In my opinion not fuel filter as it would give trouble when on the motor way not starting.
Could be a faulty fuel pump, but more likely an electrical fault that is temperature sensitive or a faulty engine sensor.

Might be worth getting it plugged in to see if there is any fault codes on the engine control unit.

Do a shake test on the wiring going to the sensors on the engine. Shake them to see if the problem goes away.

Sponsored Links
Back