Renault Master - clutch master cylinder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

One of our Masters - 55 plate 2.5 diesel had to get recovered today. Clutch pedal has no pressure on 1st half of travel, then pressure and you can just get it into gear. AA man says master cylinder cos no leaks at bell-housing where the slave is.

I've had a quick look at master cylinder and there seems to be plenty of access round it.

Any advice on changing one would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Iain.

Sponsored Links
Unclip feed pipe, unclip Master to slave pipe, inclip push rod on pedal inside, twist cylinder (I think it is anti Clockwise) and pull, reverse the process for fitment.

As for beeding, maybe run alittle fluid through the cylinder until it appears out of the outlet pipe (Master to slave pipe) then reconnect the pipe and gravity bleed from the slave cylinder end making sure the reservoir is kept topped up, If I remember correctly Masters bleed up with relative ease.

Paul.

Thanks Paul,

I've ordered a master cylinder from GSF and will give it a go next week.

Iain.

Job done, 1/2 hour - screwdriver, shifter, 9mm socket and mate to press clutch pedal when bleeding. At last a job on a Renault that doesn't need special tools or fingers like E.T.

Thanks again Paul for advice.

Sponsored Links
Hi all...

had a very similar problem with my 2000 W reg Master yesterday; clutch pedal started to 'suck' away from my foot! Pulled it out of gear and got a push off the road.

I located a hydraulic leak to a union entering the gearbox; an 'O' ring had perished. Mananged to find one for 99p in a hardware shop! Leak stopped.

Then the clutch pedal just slammed to the floor and had to be pulled up. Called the AA who wasn't particularly knowledgeable and we couldn't pressurise the system or find a bleed point.

Anyone got any idiot-proof tips or photos please? So far this month the oil cooler sprung a leak and the rear brake shoes collapsed; I'm £500 down and lost four days work!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Back